History and Description
In early 2018, Mike Jones from Primal Canine helped us produce the RS24 Semi Comp suit - a new, lighter dog bite suit design, but found that decoys could still feel the bite and took damage to the suit.
Mike asked if Ray Allen could make a bicep gauntlet that could be put on with one hand, fully protect, and not add any additional bulk. The Primal Canine Gauntlet was born.
We aim to protect the decoy while producing quality grips and drive, so you can take more bites and work more dogs without the physical damage that comes along with the job. For the decoy and for K9 bite work training, these gauntlets are a win-win.
Benefits to Dog
- Crafted from 2 layers of apron leather with Velcro attachments for a deeper drive, better grip
- Allows dogs a great feel on their bite without fully sinking their teeth in
- Preserves dental health
Benefits to Decoy
- Elastic inner closure for on one-handed application
- Maintains a tight and snug wrap around the arm
- Adjustable; cut to form to the arm or leg
- Full set of gauntlets create “decoy armor”
Available Gauntlet Types
- Bicep/ Triceps
- Thighs (Coming Soon!)
- Calves (Coming Soon!)
**NOTE** These gauntlets are made to be used under a suit, or bite equipment. These ARE NOT made to be used by themselves as a hidden sleeve or a bite sleeve in general. Only for extra protection!